600TH AIR BASE WING
The 600th Air Base Wing was activated on 10 January 1993
when the Clark Air Base Command, its predecessor, was
deactivated following the withdrawal of the American forces
from the Philippines in November 1991. The PAF's role in
Clark was focused primarily on base services and security.
The last Commander of Clark Air Base Command who
subsequently became the first Wing Commander of 600th Air
Base Wing was BRIGADIER GENERAL (then COLONEL) BENITO P
The 600th ABW is task to operates
and maintains base facilities with a a total of 313.39
hectares with in the Clark Special Economic Zone.
Currently hosts the headquarters and seven major units of
the PAF located at Air Force City, Clark Air Base to include
the Headquarters of the 1st Air Division.
Unit Seal and
– Signifies tower of the Base wherein the Aerodrome
facilities and flight activities are monitored.
– Signifies the security of the Base manned by
– A view of a mountain w/c signifies as a landmark located
at the vicinity of Pampanga few miles away from Clark Air
– Signifies the stronghold and fortress of the Base wherein
– Signifies the authority in administering
Clark Air Base and its extension when it comes to security
and Base services.
– Mark of an Airman in the Philippine Air Force.